Not your ordinary teenage mind

Not your ordinary teenage mind
I'm tall, you're not. Get over it.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Proof Is In The Pudding

What in the world does "proof is in the pudding" mean? I'm not sure, but I do know that the corrected proof for "Bone Warriors" is in the hands of the publisher! We were sent the proof, which means the pages laid out like they'd be in a book, to read over and correct. Only small changes are allowed at this point. I'm not allowed to change my villain or add another plot thread.
So one of my characters is named "Tweaks." When he needs a possessive form, I wanted it to be "Tweaks'." But the publisher said the Chicago manual of style or something like that spells it "Tweaks's." That's a whole lot of hissing s's!
Anyway, it's good to be one step closer to a published book.

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Well, I agree with you. That's too many "s"s in Tweaks's. Who cares what the CMOS says about it, anyway? :-)